Sign-up your school to participate:
K-8 schools and 9-12 schools will be awarded winners separately:
What is required of participants?
School Student & Staff Conservation Leaders
District Facility Leaders
Who Can Participate?
All schools and districts in San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) territory that are interested in reducing their energy use in order to save money and reduce their impact on the environment.
Saving energy takes human energy. Participating in the 2016 Energize Schools Energy Conservation Competition requires a team of interested teachers, staff, and students to plan and lead conservation initiatives on campus. Ideally teams will have six or more motivated school community members, but even one conservation champion on campus can make a big difference! School Conservation teams can consist of any school community members interested in saving energy!
Take a look at recent Competition articles...
9/11/2015 San Diego students show us saving is fun (and relevant)
7/22/15 Green Button Initiative Makes Headway with Electric Industry and Consumers
7/20/15 New integration unlocks utility smart meter data & enables competition among 35 San Diego schools
7/17/15 PHHS is an energy-saving champion
36 schools participated in the 2015 San Diego Energy Conservation Competition! All schools competed to reduce their energy use in order to save money and to reduce their impact on the environment. Participating schools saved 76,215 kWh of energy and $16,386 during the competition period!
Special congratulations to the winners of this year's competition:
- Learn more about San Diego Gas & Electric - Check out the SDG&E website to explore all that the utility has to offer.
- Learn more about Energize Schools - Energize Schools is a holistic energy services program designed to make it easy and affordable for high school's that are customers of SDG&E to reduce energy use and engage students in energy education and leadership.
- Learn more about PEAK - PEAK is a holistic energy services program designed to make it easy and affordable for high school's that are customers of SDG&E to reduce energy use and engage students in energy education and leadership.
- Learn more about KidsEcoClub
- Learn more about the Lucid - Learn more about BuildingOS, the software platform that is powering the Competition, and it's engagement solution.